If you have a domain parked in GoDaddy, follow the steps below to redirect your domain to Landingi servers.
1. How to add a CNAME or A record to your domain hosted in GoDaddy?
1. Let's log in to your GoDaddy Account, move to "My products" and then click a "DNS" button next to chosen domain to see your domain's DNS records.
2. Now, current DNS records appear. If you have an existing A and CNAME records you need to change those value by clicking on pencil icons.
To change the A record, copy the settings visible below:
- in the field "Points to" put our IP number: 184.108.40.206
To change the CNAME record, copy the settings visible below:
- in the field "Points to" put the value: cname.landingi.com
- In the Host field put the subdomain to which the CNAME applies (for example, you'd enter "subdomain" if you're using a subdomain "subdomain.mylanding.com"). If you're using the root domain, enter "www".
Here's how your DNS records should look like for root domain and subdomain:
4. If you do not have existing records you need to create them by clicking "Add" button and type the same values as in the examples above.
5. The most common errors can occur if you're trying to create a CNAME record for a subdomain (host) that already has an existing A record (i.e when you try to create a CNAME record for your "www" subdomain). To fix this up, delete the A Record for your "www" subdomain and then create the CNAME record as outlined above.
If you've followed these steps and still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat 😉.