1. Adding a subdomain to your 1&1 account.
1. Log into your 1&1 account.
2. Click 'Manage Domains' from the home menu.
3. Click 'Create Subdomain' under Domain Details for the domain you'd like to use.
4. Enter the name of the subdomain you'd like to create. If you have an existing website on the 'www' you'll have to use a subdomain (landing.mywebsite.com or try.mywebsite.com or any other non-www alternative).
5. Click 'Create Subdomain'.
Now that you have your subdomain setup, you can set up your CNAME.
2. Setting up a CNAME in your 1&1 account
1. Follow the steps above if you haven't already navigated to your Domains Overview.
2. Click 'Manage Subdomains' under Details for the domain you're using.
3. Scroll down from the 'Subdomain Overview' and select the subdomain you'd like to edit.
4. Click 'Subdomain Settings' and select 'Edit DNS Settings' from the dropdown list.
5. Double check that you are editing the correct subdomain by looking at the top of the page.
6. Select 'CNAME' under 'A/AAAA Records Addresses').
7. Enter "cname.landingi.com" for the Alias.
8. Check that you are aware of changes on the bottom left.
9. Click 'Yes' when asked if you're sure you want to modify DNS settings.
3. Additional setup instructions for the root 'www' domain
1. Navigate back to your Domain Center.
2. Click 'Edit Domain Settings' under domain overview.
3. Scroll down to the 'DNS Settings Overview' and click 'Edit'.
4. Select 'Other IP address' from 'A/AAAA Records (IP Addresses)'.
5. Enter "18.104.22.168" for the 'IPv4 Address'.
6. Click 'Save'.
7. Click 'Yes' when asked if you're sure you want to modify DNS settings.
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate.
Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Landingi and your landing pages are using your custom domain.